Here are 5 SEO tips to help you succeed and avoid big mistakes:
1. Don’t pick keyword phrases that your website just can’t handle.
If you have a new site, you just may not rank for the competitive keyword phrases. What you can rank for depends on your website age, size and the quality of links pointing to your website. Small business SEO means involves being honest about your website’s standing among search engines.
2. Get links – lots of links.
Sure you want to get relevant links from related websites. You can do that without asking a competitor to link to you (no one wants to be that foolish). Be sure to use keyword phrases in the link that’s directed to your website.
3. Write content – lots of content.
4. If you have a new website, don’t delay. Get a few pages up there (you can always change the copy later).
5. Be sure to name your URLs after keywords – with dashes. It may not be a huge factor, but it seems to help if you’re focusing on small business SEO.