I packed in 68 SEO content tips and tools in a new article for Content Marketing Institute.Read more
You can save up to $405 by registering for Content Marketing World 2015 through Feb. 28th.
The event isn't until September (September 8-11), but the Early Bird registration incentives are in full effect for Content Marketing World.
The featured keynote speaker will be John Cleese, the famous, comedian, actor and a business motivator. You know him from several movies and Monty Python’s Flying Circus.
In lecture settings, Cleese brings his award-winning series of videos to life. Over the decades, he has written, produced, directed and starred in great films. He received an Oscar nomination for best screenplay for A Fish Called Wanda.
The largest content event in the world will feature a diverse lineup of 80 speakers - plenty of topics to explore.
You can learn:
- How to shape content marketing strategies
- How to manage your team
- How to focus on quality, not just quantity
- How to ensure that your content is visible on natural search results
- How to measure your content marketing efforts
I really like the comprehensive nature of this article on the HTTP vs. HTTPS debate for SEO now that Google says web sites that make the switch could see a rankings boost.
"The degree of the boost is relative. You might not even see an impact - or rankings could drop.
In most cases, I'd still recommend avoiding the HTPPS because of risks with rankings and the fact that any ranking gains could be nominal. Plus, the article notes that your web site configuration could trigger some browsers to post a warning to visitors.… Read more
Google is expected to intensify its love of mobile on two fronts.
1. Expect your web site to be called out if it's not mobile friendly. Google literally has been testing the use of icons with search results to suggest that a web site falls short in terms of mobile development standards.
2. And the Internet is all abuzz about the fact that Google may penalize web sites among search results in they're not mobile friendly.
Given all of the factors that go into a ranking, it's hard to tell what the impact will be. But it's good to be prepared.
Here are some articles on the topic:
More Info:Read more
Online marketers and their clients can both benefit from an initial planning document that can support any web development project.
For your next web site design, check out these questions that may help you think of other online marketing questions that should be answered before you get too far into the work.
What is your budget?
What is your timeline?
Who will approve web site design and final version before going live?
How quickly can your company make key decisions during the web development process? A day? Two days? A week?
In a few sentences, please describe your business.
What motivated you to create a new web site or redesign an existing one?
What are the main purposes of your web site?
- Lead generation
- Online sales
- Customer support
- Online community
- Are you able to accept credit cards?
- If so, is your web site PCI compliant?
What is your tagline?… Read more