I'm not sure why it seems like such a foreign topic to many people.
If you are going to invest time and risk money on SEO, wouldn't you want to face the facts and see what's going on with your content?
An SEO content map isn't just a list of your pages. Hopefully you already have that in hand.
Add different sets of data to broaden your perspective while sizing up the condition of your content.
You should include the following in an Excel document:
- Existing page title (near the meta data)
- Meta description
- Header (like what's in the H1)
- Nature of the content - who you're targeting
- Amount of content (number of words)
- A possible target keyword phrase
- Whether the main images have alt tags and are named with reasonable words with dashes
- Other notes
It not too much of a time burden for a small site.… Read more